League Of Legends At York
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament (Oct 7th - 13th) Q & A!

4 posters

Go down

Tournament (Oct 7th - 13th) Q & A! Empty Tournament (Oct 7th - 13th) Q & A!

Post by Admin Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:37 am

Hey all, Admin (aka Athaven J) here!

I noticed many of you have been pming me questions on facebook or are wondering about the tournament format. Well just to clarify a couple of things, incase you're unaware, all spots are filled! We have 20 teams registered for the tournament. We'd like to meet with the team captains later on in the week to discuss more about the specifics but if you have any general questions. I'll be happy to answer!

Firstly though, the format.

Each of the 20 teams will be seeded into 4 groups and will play round-robin matches. If you're unfamiliar with this format, you basically play each team in your bracket ONCE. So for example (See below) :

Team YoloSwag
Team 420blazeit
Team SupportingOnly
Team NoScope
Team TopForRP

This is one group, and this group has 5 teams. Each team plays the other team once, and you could end up with a score like this:

Team NoScope          (4-0)
Team TopForRP         (2-2)
Team 420blazeit        (2-2)
Team SupportingOnly (1-3)
Team TopForRP         (1-3)

The top 2 teams from each group will advance to the quarter-finals. However, in the example above, Team TopForRP and Team 420blazeit are clearly tied with each other! Now how are we to deal with this? In this scenario, these teams would play one bo1 match to decide who moves on.

Now then, with that out of the way, this Q/A is now open! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! RiceFTW, myself or a forum mod will reply to your questions!

Admin
Admin

https://york4lol.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tournament (Oct 7th - 13th) Q & A! Empty Re: Tournament (Oct 7th - 13th) Q & A!

Post by Reneshin Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:03 am

Hi there, I have a few questions.

1. Will the teams + IGNs be posted so it's easier for us to contact them/invite them into our games?

2. I have a terrible laptop, and I'm not sure if the rest of my team has the same problem but how many laptops do you think will be readily available for us to use from possibly the executives?

I had more questions but I forgot them. QQ That's it for now.

Reneshin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:09 am

Reneshin wrote:Hi there, I have a few questions.

1. Will the teams + IGNs be posted so it's easier for us to contact them/invite them into our games?

2. I have a terrible laptop, and I'm not sure if the rest of my team has the same problem but how many laptops do you think will be readily available for us to use from possibly the executives?

I had more questions but I forgot them. QQ That's it for now.

1. Yes, teams IGNs will be provided, either in the form of a google doc or straight here on the forum so you guys can see who you're playing and so on. There will be a "team captain's" meeting of some sort this week, Details TBA (to be announced)

2. I believe we will have one or two lappy's available. My laptop sucks as well (haven't played a legit league game *cough cough, that isnt bots* for 6 months until today, and I get spikes of 7-10 fps which completely ruins the game for me. I feel your pain, we'll do our best to help accomodate for players that have bad laptops, but I can't guarantee that things will be 100% better. Also, key-bindings and stuff are unique, you're more used to your own computer, so using another person's laptop can be disadvantageous. Regardless, we'll try and have 1-2 lappy's available for teams to play on!

Hope that answers your questions!

Admin
Admin

https://york4lol.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fritzrice Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:12 am

It is my understanding that
1) Yes, most likely the team organizers will post the team names and IGNS
2) And also I believe that although it is encouraged to bring your own laptops, under certain circumstances and at the consent of an exec, a laptop could be lent to the player

Also, jesus AJ, for a second there I thought those were the actual team names
Fritzrice
Fritzrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Totori Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:25 pm

Hey there, I have a question that might be kind of important for the state of the tournament.

Apparently the latest patchs affected some of the skillshots in the game and screwed with the hitboxes such as: sona's ult, cait's q, and thresh's q.  Some of them either have enlarged hitboxes or don't work entirely.

Video of sona ult missing point blank:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdkeT6ECPQc
Reddit discussion about the skill shots:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1npptu/so_my_teammate_missed_an_ashe_ult/

Now I know it's very unlikely to move back the tournament due to the amount of preparation and set dates but it would kind of suck if a team lost a match because their sona flash ult and didn't stun anyone and lost the crucial teamfight.  I'm wondering if you can move back the tournament for a week incase riot fixes it next patch although, if anyone can show me that the skillshots were this screwed up before 2 patchs ago I'll deal with it.
Totori
Totori

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down